Friday, August 6, 2010

Today Is My Birthday

Today is my birthday. I am five years old.

I was slightly horrified last week to hear Mom say I was going to be six. I didn't feel six years old! Luckily, she checked her calendar and it clearly states I am just turning five.

I have been lots of places: walked the lone woods of the Yukon and stuck my head in a South Dakota prairie dog hole and walked the Vegas strip at night and stood on the overlook of the Grand Canyon and thought about walking on the Golden Gate Bridge (but it was too cold and way too windy)....

But to turn five in the comfort of my own home is probably the best place I could imagine being.

Mom did give me a graham cracker leftover from camping as a special treat. I don't mind if it's stale. It's still delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment