Thursday, August 19, 2010

Here Kitty Kitty

I do not have an acquaintance with cats. I've never lived with one. I've never visited one. I don't know a single cat owned person.

That's not to say I'm not curious, or that I don't know cats are around.

Sometimes on walks I choose not to notice them. When a cat runs across the sidewalk a block ahead of me, why should I get worked up? I'm on a leash for heavens sake. My Mom is not going to let go so I can get to know a cat a little better. It's not even worth barking at.

Now, on the other hand, if it's the early morning hours, before 7AM and I am not allowed outside because my girls and I are a three dog barking band, and a couple of cats are strolling and lolly gagging up and down the street in front of my house, I might want to get to know those cats better.

I might want to give them a piece of my mind and a bit of lecture about the rules of the road and street safety and I might tell them that it is dangerous to just sit in the middle of the road and stare at my house and not be aware of cars coming.

Or I might want to bite them. I haven't decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment