Thursday, September 30, 2010

If I Had A Human Job

I have given this a lot of thought lately, mostly due to the fact that my sister dogs are coming in covered in dirt and truck grease and it's obvious what they would be if they were human and could get a job.

Sarah Beagle would be a long distance runner. She'd win several gold medals and set records in marathons. She's that good. Seriously. She runs laps around our yard just for fun. When we run, I clip the edges of the laps and make short cuts so I can edge ahead of her. It's not cheating. She likes it. Olive Badger, meanwhile, just doubles back on the loop to jump out and scare Sarah. So far, Sarah isn't scared. She just grins and races past us both.

Olive Badger is a truck girl. My goodness she loves it when Dad's on his back under the truck. She's right there with him, inspecting his work, checking out numerous things on the under carriage. Last night she was making him turn pages in the truck parts catalog as she checked out each page. Not sure what her plan is, but from the amount of grease on her fur, she spends a lot of time under the truck thinking of how it can be made better. I admit, I'm too big to get under the truck, but even if I was a tiny pocket sized badger dog, I would not go under there. Ew.

But as for thoughts of myself, I have no idea.

I think the job I'm perfectly suited for is that of being a dog.

I know. Shocking.

Thank God I'm just that! A perfectly perfect Beagle.


No comments:

Post a Comment