Monday, September 6, 2010

I Can Explain About The Garbage Can

Mom, I can explain. For reals.

I know you came into the kitchen and were shocked to see me standing with my head in the garbage can. I know that's bad. I know I'm not supposed to do that.

But I watched you throw out some perfectly good mac and cheese that the little kids didn't eat. It was perfectly good! I stood right next to you, with my best begging eyes going full blast, yet you tossed all that food into the garbage.

I couldn't resist. I know you know what I'm talking about. I may or may not have seen you eat a couple wooden spoonfuls straight out of the pan.....

And I'm also sorry. So very sorry.

Sorry I got caught! You have to give me props for not knocking over the can, for being able to open the lid and get what I want without disturbing anything. If you hadn't walked in and saw me, you'd never have known I ate anything.

I'm that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment