Friday, June 3, 2011

Whose Rug Is That Anyway?

I think the rug that lies in front of the kitchen sink is for me. Mom thinks it is for her when she's doing the dishes. Olive Badger disagrees with both of us and thinks it should be her rug 24/7.

At least I have the decency to just hover by it while Mom stands there, up to her elbows in sudsy water and dirty dishes. Olive Badger lays there, waiting for Mom to make one little move, then Olive edges over. She acts put out when Mom steps back to what she thinks is her spot, only to find a fluffy Badger underfoot.

Mom, since you are taking a break to take our picture, do you think you could give us lunch? I've dragged my food bowl over here because I was going to sit on the rug waiting, as patient as I can, but there is the whole Badger issue.

It's hard to be patient when a Badger has taken over your rug. I'm sure you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment