Thursday, February 3, 2011

That's My Side Of Mom!

I am a creature of habit. I like to do some things the same way over and over and over.

One of those things is at 5:30 in the morning, when Dad let us out of our crates, we all run to Mom and Dad's room because Mom is still going to be half asleep for 20 more minutes. That's 20 minutes of snuggling under the covers with her.

I am always on her left side. Always. If Dad is in bed, then I'm between the two of them, because Mom's left is MY side.

This morning Olive Badger was in my spot! I know it's not exactly Mom's fault. She usually won't let Olive lie there, she keeps the left side open and waiting for me. But this morning, I got up on the bed to find Olive in my spot and Mom trying to move her.

The funny thing about Olive is that she maybe the smallest of us, but when she doesn't want to do something, she is the hardest to move!

But finally, she was on the right side of Mom, the Olive side, and I got my side back.

Smelled like Olive though. It was almost too much for me to bear.

Then Mom patted my back and I flopped down with a sigh. It might smell a bit like Olive Badger, but I can deal with it if it means I can be with Mom.

On the left side. Stay out of my place, Olive!

No comments:

Post a Comment