Friday, January 13, 2012

I Had Just Gotten Cozy

One of my favorite days of the week is the day Mom does laundry.  She has this rule about folding laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer and she never lets a load of clothes sit in the basket.  Often, she dumps it all out on the couch or the chair and folds it while she watches TV.

My favorite part comes when Mom dumps it, then quickly fills that basket with dirty clothes and loads the washing machine.  While she's doing that, I claim my prize spot, right in the middle of the pile of warm, clean clothes.  Or towels.  Or anything fresh from the dryer.  I'm in there in the second Mom isn't looking, and I am making myself the best darn nap spot in the world.  

At least, I am until Mom comes back.  Then she makes me move and I do it as slowly as I can, just in case she feels guilty and changes her mind and lets me stay.   After all, I had just gotten cozy.  A short nap wouldn't have been too much to ask!

Mom says it would.  

No comments:

Post a Comment