Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Land Of Plenty....AKA Upstairs

In our house we have a baby gate across the top of the stairs.

We do not have a baby.

Yes, dear readers, that baby gate is actually a Beagle gate and it's meant to keep us dogs from going upstairs!

Our kids have bedrooms upstairs and their bedrooms are full of awesome things and scents. One room is perfect for chew toys, according to my dog sisters. I have never been the kind of dog to chew up shoes or dolls. But the other room has crumbs and stale crackers, and that is the room I'm usually in!

As Sarah Beagle and Olive Badger have left puppy hood behind, the Beagle gate is not always closed. If it's not closed, then you can bet your last dollar that I'm sneaking up there as quiet as a Beagle can be.

Which, turns out, is not that quiet. Mom always knows when I'm up there and calls me down.

That's not going to stop me from trying again! One room just had a movie party in it....teenagers having a party equals food left somewhere for me.

Mom says it's not left for me.....but we all know if if I can get it, then that food was meant to be mine!

1 comment:

  1. Thats the real Beagle spirit, Emma! Way to go !
    Greetings Gizmo from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete