Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Diggingest Dog

When I was a wee pup, my family had a giant dirt pile in the backyard. It was so awesome! I got to dig to my hearts content. So did my kids. The three of us would be out there, them with their shovels and pails, and me with my paws, digging, digging, digging.

Then the pile went away.

And there was no place to dig.

I guess the three of us had grown up a bit, because it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, to not have a dirt pile to dig in.

But now we have a pup who does not have a dirt pile and who is not doing well without one.

Olive Badger is driving Mom crazy! Usually a job reserved for Dad only, Olive has come in every morning this week with dirt up to her four armpits. Having a wash up in the sink has not deterred her at all!

Mom counted 11 holes last night!

11!

Now that is some digging.

I won't tell Mom about the hole Olive just dug this morning.

Some things are best left unsaid!

No comments:

Post a Comment